A Yoga-based Personal Development Program
120 hours – 9 modules – one weekend a month
(July 2014 – April 2015)
Are you at a point in your life when you feel a deeper calling to enter the path of self-discovery and inner growth?
Are you seeking to go beyond mere asana practice to explore, understand and apply yoga in all aspects of your life – to achieve better health and wellbeing, improve relationships, find a work-life balance and experience as well as spread enduring joy and peace?
Then Yoga Sadhana is for you: it is time to take responsibility for your life and explore your true and full potential.
- Personal Development
The main focus of our program is each individual’s personal development. You will learn to integrate appropriate practices and intensive study into your daily life to foster personal growth and evolution in the most effective and harmonious manner.
- Foundation program for Level II – Yoga Teacher Training Program & Level III – Yoga Therapist Training Program.
While this is a stand-alone course by itself, for those who are inspired to take one step ahead and want to become a yoga teacher, this will be a perfect launch pad. Also, to further your journey as a yoga therapist.
Unique features of the program
- 120 hours of course-work – created over 20 years of teaching and training experience, bringing through the essence of yogic philosophy and practice for contemporary life.
- Curriculum is based on holistic understanding of the human system with highly individualized application where each individual’s unique needs and capabilities are respected and addressed.
- Integrates experiential knowledge with philosophy aiming at facilitating learning and practice that is deep and life transforming.
- Combines the traditional wisdom of yoga with mindfulness training and an eclectic array of mind-body techniques to aid in the understanding of the human system and facilitate positive change.
At YogaVahini, each participant receives personalized care, attention and guidance both in personal and professional development. The teaching methodology, approach and process are aligned to our core philosophy: the individual is more important than the tools and techniques.
A healthy student-teacher relationship lays the foundations for learning. We ensure every student gets personalized guidance and support through the classes and mentoring sessions. Beyond the course, YogaVahini offers ongoing mentorship to assist you along your personal and professional path.
Apart from the class-room study sessions, each participant will exclusively receive 10 one-on-one yoga sessions with a mentor to facilitate you to develop their own yoga practice and apply the teachings in your daily life.
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will have:
- an in-depth, experiential understanding and appreciation of the art, science and philosophy of Yoga
- developed a comprehensive knowledge of the theory of Asana, Pranayama, Meditation and the various other tools of yoga and how to appropriately apply them for your own health and wellbeing.
- acquired the tools to enact positive changes in your life and thereby a better quality of life, more peace and joy.
- the opportunity to participate and engage in a healthy community of like-minded people committed to the path of personal growth and transformation; a group that can inspire social change.
- completed the basic foundation course (Level I) for moving forward to the next level – Yoga Teacher Training. Personal development being an integral part of training to become a teacher, this course inspires and prepares you for this path.
The course involves 120 hours of training & practice.
The course is spread over a period of 10 months – 9 modules (one week-end intensive per month). 12 hours per module.
Chennai Course Schedule
Module 1:: July 26 – 27, 2014
Module 2: August 23 – 24
Module 3: September 27 – 28
Module 4: October 25 – 26
Module 5: November 15 – 16
Optional retreat: Dec 25 – 28, 2014
Module 6: January 3 – 4, 2015
Module 7: February 28 – March 1
Module 8: March 14 – 15
Module 9: April 11 – 12, 2015
Timings: 7 am – 2 pm (12 hours)
Hyderabad Course Schedule:
In Hyderabad, the course is spread over 3 modules of 5 full days (110 hours) spread over 6 months + 10 hours of personal sessions with mentor.
Module 1: July 21 – 25, 2014
Module 2: September 22 – 26, 2014
Module 3: October 29 – November 2, 2014
Optional retreat: Dec 25 – 28, 2014
I. Yoga Philosophy (40 hours)
- A brief overview of the origin of Yoga. Vedas, Darsana
- An in-depth study of the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali (chapters I & II)
II. Asana, Pranayama & Meditation (30 hours)
- Principles of Asana practice
- Role of breathing in Asana
- Variations and modifications of postures to suit the needs of an individual
- Developing a personalized practice: principles and process
- Principles of Pranayama practice
- Developing a personalized Pranayama practice
- Understanding Meditation
- Process and models of Meditation
- Other tools: Chanting, visualization, diet and life-style modification & their application
III. Group Yoga Practice (30 hours)
Group practice during modules focusing on applying the principles of practice, focusing on specific goals – based on the needs of the group.
IV. Personalized Practice Sessions (8 hours)
One-on-one mentoring sessions for developing a personalized yoga practice for each participant to address your individual needs and goals.
V. Allied topics (10 hours)
Facilitation skills & ethical guidelines in Yoga practice.
The course also includes:
Daily Personal Yoga practice (at home). Please be prepared to commit at least 30 min. for personal practice at home.
Optional Yoga Retreat
During the course of the study, participants will have an opportunity to participate in a 4-day yoga retreat with the extended community of yoga teachers and practitioners, engaging in intensive practices, sharing and learning together.
All costs associated with this retreat are extra and are not included in the program.
Retreat dates included in the course schedule, more details to come soon.
Saraswathi Vasudevan will be the lead faculty assisted by other teachers from this tradition.
In Chennai: The total cost of the course is Rs.30,000/- for Indian citizens and Rs.45,000/- for Foreign nationals.
In Hyderabad: Rs.35,000/- for Indian citizens living in India, Rs.45,000 for Foreign nationals.
Included in the total cost of the program:
- 110 class room contact hours (lecture, discussions, practice).
- Course material.
Please note that the mentoring hours are not included in cost of the program and have to be paid for separately.
It is proposed that a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 20 participants will be accepted in this program. We would like to proceed with a committed group of students where each student is guaranteed to receive sufficient personal attention.
Venue & Contact Details
Centre for Specialised Yoga Training, Therapy & Research,
3rd Floor,Ramaniyam Smriti Apartments
21/4, Beach Road, Kalakshetra Colony,
Chennai 600 090
For registration contact: Uttara Venugopal,
Phone + 91 8754574577
Aviraam, Center for Healing
Plot #1A, Timberlake colony
For registration contact: Krishnaven Alluri, Phone: +91 9948312492