Introducing an intensive Yoga-based Personal Development Program. A perfect blue print for improving health, well being, relationships, work effectiveness, finding more joy, peace and meaning in life, all in one platter… Yoga specially designed for you!
- Your Personal Development
The main focus of our program is each individual’s personal development. The course is offered over a period of one year, to enable deepening the process of learning and integration through study, reflection and daily practice.
- Foundation program for Level II – Yoga Teacher Training Program & Level III – Yoga Therapist Training Program.
While this is a stand-alone course by itself, for those who are inspired to take one step ahead and want to become a yoga teacher/therapist, this will be a perfect launch pad.
Unique features of the program
- 108 hours of course-work – created over two decades of teaching and training experience, bringing through the essence of yogic philosophy and practice for contemporary life.
- Curriculum is based on holistic understanding of the human system with highly individualized application where each individual’s unique needs and capabilities are respected and addressed.
- Integrates experiential knowledge with philosophy aiming at facilitating learning and practice that is deep and life transforming.
- Integrates experiential knowledge with philosophy aiming at facilitating learning and practice that is deep and life transforming
- Combines the traditional wisdom of yoga with mindfulness training and an eclectic array of mind-body techniques to aid in the understanding of the human system and facilitate positive change.
At YogaVahini, each participant receives personalized care, attention and guidance both in personal and professional development. The teaching methodology, approach and process are aligned to our core philosophy: the individual is more important than the tools and techniques.
A healthy student-teacher relationship lays the foundations for learning. With a small group size, we ensure every student gets personalized guidance and support through the classes and mentoring sessions. Beyond the course, YogaVahini offers ongoing mentorship to assist and aid each student along their personal and professional paths.
Apart from the group training sessions, each participant will exclusively receive 6 one-on-one yoga sessions (8 hours approximately) with the teacher to facilitate them to develop their own yoga practice and apply the teachings in their daily life.
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will have:
- an in-depth experiential understanding and appreciation of the art, science and philosophy of Yoga.
- developed a comprehensive knowledge of the theory of Asana, Pranayama, Meditation and the various other tools of yoga and how to appropriately apply them for their own health and wellbeing
- acquired the tools to enact positive changes in their own lives and thereby a better quality of life, more peace and joy.
- the opportunity to participate and engage in a healthy community of like-minded people committed to the path of personal growth and transformation; a group that can inspire social change.
- completed the basic foundation course (Level I) for moving forward to the next level – Yoga Teacher Training. Personal development being an integral part of training to become a teacher, this course inspires and prepares you for this path
Course Schedule in Hyderabad
The course involves 108 hours of training spread over a period of 3 months involving one week (7 days) every month (5 hours/day)
Timings: 8 am – 2 pm (35 hours each module)
Module 1: December 6 (Friday) – 12 (Thursday), 2013
Module 2: January 3 (Friday) – 9 (Thursday), 2014
Module 3: February 10 (Monday) – 16 (Sunday), 2014
I. Yoga Philosophy (40 hours)
- A brief overview of the origin of Yoga. Vedas, Darsana
- An in-depth study of the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali (chapters I & II)
II. Asana, Pranayama & Meditation (30 hours)
- Principles of Asana practice
- Role of breathing in Asana
- Variations and modifications of postures to suit the needs of an individual
- Developing a personalized practice: principles and process
- Principles of Pranayama practice
- Developing a personalized Pranayama practice
- Understanding Meditation
- Process and models of Meditation
- Other tools: Chanting, visualization, diet and life-style modification & their application
III. Group Yoga Practice (30)
- Guided group practice focused on:
- Applying principles of practice
- Experiencing a variety of possibilities with practice & their effects
- Improving self and group motivation
- Participants connecting, enabling, supporting each other.
IV. Personalized Practice Sessions (8 hours)
One-on-one mentoring sessions for developing a personalized yoga practice for each participant to address your specific needs and goals. These sessions will be spread over the period of study.
The course also includes:
Daily Personal Yoga practice (at home) is mandatory. Please be prepared to commit at least 30 min for personal practice at home.
The total cost of the course is Rs.30,000/.
Included in the total cost of the program:
- 100 class room contact hours (lecture, discussions, practice).
- Personal consultation with Course facilitator (first session)
- Course material.
The course fee does not include follow-up sessions (recommended 6-8 sessions spread over the period of study) with your respective mentor.
Optional Yoga Retreat in Tiruvannamalai
As an add-on, a special weekend yoga retreat (Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon) will be held at Tiruvannamalai in a simple Ashram setting overlooking the Arunachala mountains.
All expenses relating to this retreat are extra and not included in the cost of the course.
It is proposed that a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 25 participants will be accepted in this program. We would like to proceed with a committed group of students where each student is guaranteed to receive sufficient personal attention.
Course Venue & Contact Details
YogaVahini Learning & Healing Centre
Flat No.403, 4th Floor, Padmaja Towers,
Srinagar Colony, Hyderabad